Technical Support Representative
- Austin, TX
Do you consider yourself as someone with excellent customer service skills? Do you possess the super hero ability to effectively explain, using your amazing communications skills, technology in non-technical terms? Lightspeed Systems is looking to hire a Technical Support Specialist to join our Customer Service organization. This is an intermediate position on our team with responsibilities of troubleshooting and supporting end users on a variety of issues.
Want your application to rise to the top? Be sure to check out our application requirements below.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The following are the essential functions of the position. The list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Responsible for independently identifying, analyzing and resolving technical problems with Servers, workstations running Lightspeed Systems products to include Mobile Device Management and Classroom Management Software.
- Responds to requests for technical support, tracks, and monitors problems to insure a timely resolution.
- Responsible for assistance with configuration and integration of Lightspeed products as well as identifying and documenting issues for escalation to Quality Assurance.
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware/software problems pertaining to LAN/WAN.
- Maintains current knowledge of Lightspeed products, trends, and developments in IP, networking, and related technologies.
- Ability to manage own workload and train other support specialist as required.
- Responsible for non-business hour On-Call support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of workstation administration experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of Operating system installation and configuration, Windows and Mac OSX required.
- Knowledge of directory services to include, Active Directory, GSuite, Azure AD.
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of mobile device platforms and mobile device management solutions
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, ChromeOS)
- Advanced understanding of IP, Network planning, router configuration and management and firewalls.
- SQL Server experience.
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff.
- Ability to explain technology in non-technical terms
- Ability to clearly document and record information.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Available to work flexible hours including both scheduled and on call support, including weekends and holidays.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- We invite you to apply for this position using this link: https://bit.ly/2KjIZPW
- Complete the supplemental application questions.
- Complete the assessment at this link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/Gn4bg
Education is undergoing a technology revolution with new devices and tools being added to the classroom every day and IT departments are responsible for keeping all this technology managed, safe and working. That is where we come in! Lightspeed Systems, ed-tech provider and leader in K-12 device filtering for almost 20 years, partners with schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance