Senior Employee Benefits Specialist
- Folsom, CA
The Senior Employee Benefits Specialist, under the supervision of the Director of Employee Benefits, will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service as it relates to Public Sector Employee Benefits plan administration. This diverse position will act as primary service liaison representing Members of the EIAHealth, Dental, Vision, EAP and Life/Disability Programs.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in directly related field or the equivalent of five years increasingly responsible work directly related to Employee Benefits Administration field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, including but not limited to:
- Fosters and supports relationship with Members, ensuring high satisfaction;
- Attends open enrollment events and answers questions regarding employee benefits
- Work closely with Broker Consultant on Program initiatives;
- Manages Member benefit inquiries and assists effectively to resolve service issues;
- Manages new Member program implementations;
- Prepares Employee Benefits agendas/reports and reviews for accuracy;
- Meets with Members as needed or requested by Director;
- Demonstrate and Communicate Self-Funded Plan and Employee Benefits ancillary administration knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior written and oral communication skills
CA Life Insurance License preferred and/or designations in Employee Benefits field (CSFS, GBA, CEBS, etc). All education pertaining to Employee Benefits will be considered.
Physical requirements of this position typically include: sitting for long periods of time, reaching, grasping, kneeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move. Up to 30% of travel will be required.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary range for this position is $6,353 - $7,782 per month. A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with coverage options including health, dental and vision; long-term disability and short-term disability insurance; life insurance; optional deferred compensation program; sick and vacation leaves and remote work schedules. As a PERS participant, EIA employees are exempt from paying Social Security except for the Medicare portion of the cost.
Interested persons must submit a completed application to the Human Resource Manager at CSAC Excess Insurance Authority by Friday, August 16, 2019. Please visit our website at www.csac-eia.org to obtain an application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,236.00 to $93,384.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- public entity: 1 year (Preferred)
- CA Life Insurance (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday