Program Manager - Amazon Alexa AI - New Initiative
- Seattle, WA
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of cross-functional software projects
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules, and employing risk management to programs
- Product development experience
This is an opportunity to lead the Artificial Intelligence team behind the smart, instantly familiar, and universal personal assistant - Alexa. The Artificial Intelligence team is looking for exceptional Program Managers to be part of a world class team changing the way people develop and interact with digital personal assistants anytime and anywhere.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers and about leading programs that have both broad influence and unique technical challenges to solve. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience leading delivery across science and engineering disciplines and an established track record of delivering large programs and driving technical roadmaps.
As part of the team you will:
- Green-field opportunity to create the artificial intelligence platform behind Alexa!
- Drive the integration of science and engineering, owning the technical agenda, planning and execution
- Manage partnerships with the teams building Alexa capabilities to ensure high quality end-user experiences
- Plan customer solutions from the data dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions.
- Find the opportunities for multiplying innovation across different customers, investing individual technology advances into the core science and platforms
- Continuously improve the internal processes and customer engagement models to streamline and accelerate the delivery of new technology
- Proven ability to work across teams and organizations, delivering results through influence
- Effective at deriving concrete requirements out of ambiguous problems and constructing large-scale execution plans against those requirements
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships