Healthcare Business Development Sales Executive
- Los Angeles, CA
Demonstrates and sellsdealer-represented products and services at healthcare client sites and fromshowroom as required. Responsible forthe achievement of quarterly and annual sales goals for volume and margins, andthe development of new business while ensuring the highest level of customersatisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains a sales strategy for all principal targetaccounts. Develops and implements amarket plan for all assigned accounts. Provides prompt and effective follow-up of leads and new prospects.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with clients, prospectiveclients, vendors, and referral sources to increase customer satisfaction andgenerate referral business.
- Assumes ownership of entire sales process, from initial clientcontact through final punch list. Workswith other team members (design, project management, project coordination,installation, accounting, sales management) to complete various phases of thedesign / specification / installation process.
- Promotes and sells design, installation, project management, andother Pivot Interiors services. In theabsence of a design contract, takes a greater responsibility to assist in theplanning and specification of all aspects of sales projects. In the absence of a sale of projectmanagement services, takes a greater responsibility to assist in the projectmanagement of all aspects of sales projects and provides timely follow-up onall details.
- Conducts presentations, demonstration, and tours as appropriate atvarious points in the sales cycle, ensuring thorough orientation to the productand functional design elements both before and after the sale.
- Responsible for fabric finishes and discounting on all finalproposals submitted to clients.
- Within guidelines for margins, develops accurate pricequotations. Secures dealer-heldagreements with major clients as required.
- Works with Accounting Department to provide prompt and courteousfollow-up and investigations of delinquent accounts as necessary.
- Develops and participates in leads groups, attends businessdevelopment functions, cold calls (10 / week min.), attends lunch/dinner andother functions with business influencers (brokers, A&D, construction,etc.) and conducts 10-15 appointments per week with new prospective clients.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of developments in thehealthcare furniture industry and related products, applications, and designconcepts.
- Consistently devotes time to personal and professional developmentthrough a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business andprofessional associations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no permanentsupervisory responsibilities, but duties require the account manager totemporarily direct and coordinate the actions of several different supportingpositions within the project team.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be ableto perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed beloware representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GEDrequired. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) fromfour-year college or university; and two to three years related salesexperience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education andexperience. Previous experience in arelated furniture industry segment, such as project management, installationsupervision, design and/or planning may be substituted for some of the salesexperience requirement. Familiarity withbasics of project management essential. Demonstrated ability to logistically plan all phases of the project cycleessential. General understanding of furniture systems and electrical/cablingissues, building systems and building codes essential. Knowledge of OSHPDsubmittal process and ability to identify healthcare project categories (OSHPDpatient care / non patient, Non-OSHPD). Working knowledge of product lines asthey apply to various healthcare settings. Familiar with various regulatoryagencies (OSHPD, JCAHO) and regulations (HIPAA, ADA, UBC).
Ability to read, analyze, andinterpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technicalprocedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, and businesscorrespondence (such as proposals, quotations, letters) in English. Ability to effectively present information,written and verbal, in English, and respond to questions from groups of managers,clients, vendors, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures andamounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,area, circumference, and volume. Abilityto apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practicalproblems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where onlylimited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructionsfurnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proof of valid California statedrivers license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties ofthis job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand;walk; sit; concentrate intensely; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, andoperate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is occasionally required toreach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or moveup to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionallylift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and abilityto adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here arerepresentative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties ofthis job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts,outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock if working at a clientsite. The noise level in the workenvironment is usually moderate.