Data Entry Specialist
- Hampton, VA
Liberty Source is a business process services outsourcing company (BPO). We are the first viable onshore alternative to traditional offshore business process outsourcing. We offer finance and accounting, human resources, customer care and specialized industry processes for clients seeking a flexible, cost-effective, and U.S.-based solution, harnessing the talents of military spouses and veterans. Liberty Source is headquartered at historic Fort Monroe, a former military installation in Hampton, Virginia that was designated as a National Monument in 2011.
As part of our company mission to provide opportunities to veterans, reservists and spouses of service members, we encourage these members to apply.
Liberty Source PBC is seeking a strong Data Entry Specialist with the ability to learn and understand data analytics, data research and financial terms. This position requires conducting online research and analysis to understand relevant information and data across a broad range of businesses. On the job training, service knowledge, and specific product training will be provided. This is a full-time position is based in Hampton, Virginia and will provide support to our client.
Our client is an innovative U.S. based hedge fund that uses a variety of technological methods for its trading strategies. Today this firm has assets reaching more than $50 billion and employs several thousand people.
Position Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Research and identify critical industry data
- Parse documents, reports, emails and other data sources to extract relevant information
- Interpret data for its content and usefulness
- Make important decisions regarding the value and significance of data
- Audit output information for their content and accuracy
- Communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to review research or source data when necessary
- Conduct ad hoc research and data querying, gathering and validation projects
- Analysts will also conduct overall quality checks, data validation and build long-term solutions to improve research, processes and data output
- Establish, track and maintain analytics to support data compilation and client reporting
- Develop useful reports and/or mapping based upon the data collected
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Intelligence and Aptitude for understanding and managing large volumes of data
- Strong interest in Big Data, Data Analytics or Research
- 1 3 years experience in analytical/ research work preferred
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative
- Process-oriented, with focus on effectiveness and efficiency; highly organized; strong attention to detail and thoroughness- must exercise good judgement
- Must have clear written and oral communication skills
- Dedicated to quality and continuous improvement; willingness to learn new things constantly by own initiative
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Team member and works well independently
- Willing to teach and develop candidates who exhibit an ability to learn and grow; this is a great opportunity for a candidate seeking to build a career in financial services, research and/or data analytics
- Strong company culture that promotes work and life balance (samples of our activities include: company cookout, healthy eating programs, community service, etc)
- Office located at Historic Fort Monroe and across the street from the beaches at Fort Monroe
- Working with a strong team of very talented and educated co-workers
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and other ancillary benefits
A pre-employment background check is required.
To learn more about our business, please visit our website at www.liberty-source.com.