- Santa Fe, NM
The State of New Mexico (NM) Human Services Department (HSD) is undertaking replacement of its existing Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) through a MMIS Replacement (MMISR) Enterprise Project. The MMISR Solution will be comprised of multiple modules using business process outsourcing (BPO) contracts, encompassing both technology-based components and business process optimization. This role will be a member of the project team responsible for deploying and operating the HHS 2020 SOA framework to enable the states modular vision as well as using this technology to enhance current business processes to achieve a higher level of maturity through increased automation.
WHO WE ARE
UnityBPO is a healthcare IT company that serves medical professionals and patients in three areas of healthcare: hospitals and clinics, home health and hospice, and outpatient facilities. We engage patients and providers in healthcare by dramatically increasing the time that clinicians and doctors can spend with patients. Our unique remote support and managed turnkey models help transform healthcare delivery by creating a better life for both our providers and their patients, every day. We offer a competitive salary, as well as generous training, educational reimbursement and the opportunity to build a career path in a casual, collaborative environment with people who love what they do.
- Business Analyst (BA) will elicit and document business and technical requirements in support of NM MESs strategic objective to design develop and deploy the MMISR using our SI solution. A key attribute of the SI solution will be to establish enterprise performance criteria and monitoring capabilities. BA will play a critical role in achieving this objective. BA will work with the project teams Data Manager and the customers Data Architect to establish the enterprise performance management strategy for HHS 2020. BA will help to establish criteria for data validation, auditing and logging, and error handling for each virtual endpoint in the SOA framework and the Systems Migration Repository (SMR). BA will also support establishment of service level agreements and performance monitoring capabilities. BA will derive requirements for an enterprise level performance dashboard which provides a consolidated view of enterprise activities enables drilldown capabilities to the virtual endpoint and provides real time performance reporting. BA will conduct workshops and interview sessions with stakeholders; create Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), including detailed use cases, business process diagrams, business rules, data requirements, and other related artifacts; assess technical constraints and considerations, including relevant assumptions and limitations; and create functional and technical requirements specifications. BA will also work closely with the project team and must demonstrate functional and technical knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Elicit requirements based on document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Hands-on business/system process and requirements analysis including documenting as-is and documenting to-be business/system processes.
- Thorough understanding of Medicaid and healthcare standards like HL7, HIPAA and other standards
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
- Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
- Ability to get to techno functional level of understanding system to system interactions including data modeling, message translation
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams
- Validating the Requirements after implementation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- MUST have 5 to 10 years of business analysis job experience with focus on healthcare
- MUST have prior healthcare industry knowledge
- MUST have bachelors degree or equivalent educational degree in computer science field
- MUST have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to self-motivate and be goal driven
- MUST have good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle like WaterFall, Scrum, Agile and should be able to participate in and be part of high performing technology teams
- MUST have prior experience writing business and system level requirements on data centric analytics type projects and applications
- Good to have MEDICAID centric business knowledge either at federal or state level
- Good to have formal certification in BA domain like CCBA, CBAP, etc.
- Performance Management
- UML or Use Cases
- Data model
- The position is sedentary, and the job holder must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time
- Must have enough dexterity to operate a computer, mouse, keyboard and other peripheral equipment