Accounting Manager - Independent Insurance Agency
- New Haven, CT
This position is located in Farmington, CT.
- Health Insurance
- Manages the agency budget, expense statement, profit & loss statement, the balance sheet, contingency income, payables and receivables to ensure solvency, liquidity, and financial responsibility.
- Responsible for and maintenance of Corporate File.
- Liaison between accountant and agency for all financials and taxes.
- Is responsible for the reconciliation of all agency checking accounts so premium & commission deposits in system match bank records
- Completes agency billed account payable summary.
- Reviews and adjusts commissions on account current statements and invoices when needed. Individual items as they are due on the 15th of each month to carriers and brokers.
- Follows up with AM if items are unbilled.
- Follows up with broker if invoices have not been received.
- Follows up with Insured if invoices are unpaid.
- Reconciles and pays account executive commissions.
- Transacts swaps between Wentworth and Kaufman.
- Responsible for writes off and adjustments.
- Manages accounts receivables. Strives for no items over 90 days and makes recommendations as to when to send accounts to collection.
- Verifies that daily deposit matches system record of direct billed cash and agency billed receipts.
- Manages and oversees payroll. Processes payroll. Makes necessary entries.
- Provides technical support to accounting staff and uses questions as training opportunities
- Responsible for the cost-efficient operation of all agency activities. Reaches a cost to income ratio as determined annually by principal and operations manager.
- Closes month-end and year-end on time, posts all appropriate entries and reports to the management team by the 10th of each month.
- Accepts and handles all duties and projects as may be assigned by the principal and/or operations manager.
- 1+ years of Property and Casualty Insurance experience required
- Property and Casualty Insurance License required
- 1+ years of accounting experience required
- 1+ years of AMS360 experience required
Salary: $55,000+ - DOE
Indeed Hire and Wentworth, DeAngelis Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Property and Casualty Insurance: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- AMS 360: 1 year (Required)
- Property and Casualty Insurance (Required)