- Austin, TX
SOL Engineering Services, LLC (SOL) is an engineering and technical services provider, with over 17 years of engineering and consulting experience. Our viability comes, in part, from utilizing the diverse backgrounds of the firms owners and the experiences of its team of approximately 100 engineers, scientists, technical subject matter experts, and program and project managers. Our hands-on project implementation approach encompasses management, quality, and engineering principles to ensure effective management and delivery of all projects. SOLs reputation and keys to success are built on providing high quality, responsive engineering and related technical services while maintaining professional commitments and ensuring that full satisfaction is given to our clients throughout the United States.
SOL is searching for a Construction Inspector who will support the coordination and implementation of construction projects. This Inspector ensures that projects adhere to all plans, specifications and regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily construction activities.
- Manage the inspection of Contractors work for conformance to contract documents.
- Read and interpret contract documents.
- Responsible for maintaining as-built drawings.
- Coordinate on-site material testing.
- Daily coordination with engineering, client, maintenance, and operations staff.
- As needed, review and make recommendation on pay requisitions.
- Must effectively communicate work schedule, activities, and work areas to coordinate appropriate closures of work areas.
- Monitor and analyze contractors work for compliance to schedule, budget, technical specifications and legal requirements.
- Understand contract plans, specifications and budget and make recommendations for construction issues, and ensure it is completed in accordance with contract documents.
- As needed, resolve design and field construction problems.
- As needed, facilitate/lead progress meetings and report on project status.
- Expedite design and field changes to drawings and specifications.
- As needed, review contractor requests for change and when appropriate, assist in the preparation of contract change orders/modifications.
- Work with safety lead and communicate and implement safety rules, policies and procedures in support of the safety vision and goals to contractors and subordinate personnel.
- Examines field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of construction and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated written/verbal and communication skills.
- Understanding of standard construction requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to solve field problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Effective leadership skills, taking initiative on tasks and delegating tasks to other team members.
- Effectively communicates project issues with contractor, project team and clients.
- Must have general computer skills and familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- May sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, doing extensive walking/standing. Specific projects may require work near heavy construction equipment, construction sites, and airport runways and taxiways.
- Work environment will require use of construction/inspection safety equipment and adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
- Current drivers license and ability to obtain airport security badge and pass required security background check
- If needed, ability and willingness to work off-shifts, particularly overnight and on weekends for airport construction is required
- Demonstrated previous experience with commercial construction inspection and management required
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated construction inspection/management experience or five (5) years of experience with a degree in civil engineering or construction management or related field
- Certified Construction Manager or licensure as a Professional Engineer (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of CADD and Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits and paid vacation. Veterans and HUBZone residents are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer